BRUSSELS, May 15, 2014 – The European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry (SusChem) will be hosting its 12th SusChem Stakeholder event and 10-year anniversary celebration in Brussels.
This year’s theme, "Sustainable Chemistry: At the Forefront of Innovation. Defining the New Strategic Innovation and Research Agenda for the Next Decade”, focuses on the vital role that sustainable chemistry innovation and technology can play to address major societal challenges and to revitalize the European economy.
The event gives reporters an ideal opportunity to network with policymakers, industry experts and scientists and learn about the current hot issues around sustainable chemistry, EU funding and smart growth. Registered reporters will receive an advance draft copy of the new SusChem Strategic Innovation and Research Agenda (SIRA) a week before the event.
The main topics to be addressed during the Stakeholder include:
- How the new SusChem Strategic Innovation and Research Agenda (SIRA) will contribute to smart growth and jobs in Europe,
- The role of Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) in tackling societal problems,
- How the network of SusChem National Technology Platforms (NTPs) can boost cross-border corporation,
- How to bridge the innovation "valley of death” through smart specialisation and combined European and National funding, and
- Paving the way for a high-tech chemical industry by integrating more ICT into manufacturing processes.
WHO: The event will be attended by representatives of the European institutions and bodies, academia and industry. Scheduled presenters at this year’s event include:
- Clara de La Torre, Director - European Commission, Directorate General Research and Innovation– Key Enabling Technologies;
- Ales Fiala, Head of Unit - Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology - Future & Emerging Technologies (FET)
- Klaus H. Sommer, Senior VP Bayer Technology Services and Chairman of the SusChem Board; and
- Max Lemke, Head of the unit "Complex Systems & Advanced Computing" European Commission DG Communications Networks, Content & Technology.
WHEN: 11-12 June 2014
WHERE: Brussels, Belgium at the Renaissance Hotel, Rue du Parnasse 19 in Brussels.
REGISTER: Please contact Esther on +32 2 676 7221 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to editors: SusChem is joint initiative between Cefic, DECHEMA, EuropaBio, GDCh, ESAB and RSC that has the objective to revitalize and inspire European chemistry and industrial biotechnology research, development, and innovation in a sustainable way. More information on the European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry (SusChem) can be found here: http://www.suschem.org