This workshop builds on an earlier workshop organised in Brussels (20 April 2017), and prepares specific messages for impact on the audience of the EIP Water Conference in Porto (27 and 28 September 2017).
These messages relate to the industrial water reuse, as stressed for instance at the WssTP Water Innovation Europe 2017, and are built from the four corners of the Value of Water model: Sensoring, Big Data, Analysis and Modelling, and Governance.
Recommendations and conclusions from the earlier Brussels’ workshop in a nutshell:
- Sensor Networks: Sensor development provides a unique opportunity for enhancing the Value of Water. Advanced sensor development is required to ensure continuous understanding and control of water quality. Handling of dynamic water systems requires advanced sensors. Full implementation, reliable operation costs and maintenance are important.
- Big Data: Identifying the value of the water system in generating and creating data is central to its economic value. The creation of a resilient basis for cyber security and privacy legislation is necessary, as no holistic overview currently exists. Links between data silos and pockets of data should be established and prioritised.
- Modelling and Analysis: Many models for enhancing water management exist in academia or within RTOs. However, these methodologies need to be brought into context before moving to the next pilot phase. It is necessary to identify models and tailor them to the requirements of users in order to develop more efficient water systems while observing the interactions and implications.
- Smart Governance: Smart governance models vary from region to region. The selection process for an appropriate governance design requires extensive consideration. Education and communication are crucial for its successful understanding and implementation.
Pre-conference workshop details:
- Date: Tuesday 26 September 2017, 14:00-18:00
- Venue: Alfândega Porto Congress Centre, Rua Nova da Alfândega, Edifício de Alfândega, 4050-430 Porto
- Contacts: Andrea Rubini (WssTP) or Henk Pool (SusChem)
Note: This registration is valid for the pre-conference workshop only. You will have to register separately for the EIP Water conference.
Please view the draft agenda here.
Participation is free of charge.
We look forward welcoming you at the EIP Water Pre-conference workshop in Porto and invite you to register separately for the EIP Water Conference using this link.